This Marks The PropTech Unicorn’s Second Time Being Named to the Prestigious List
NEW YORK, NEW YORK — November 9, 2020 — VTS—the commercial real estate industry’s leading leasing, marketing, and asset management company—today announced that it has been named one of Crain’s New York Business’ 2020 Best Places to Work in New York City for the second time. Compiled from a combination of employee survey responses, along with a separate employer survey, all the companies on the list share a strong commitment to creating a supportive, collegial, and empowering workplace.
“We are incredibly honored to have been recognized as one of the best places to work in New York City, which is our hometown and where we started VTS,” said Nick Romito, CEO and Co-Founder of VTS. “VTS is a company filled with talented, hard-working, innovative, and passionate individuals, who collectively have made VTS the workplace it is today. There is no greater testament to that than the way that the team has worked together to navigate the uncertainty of this year. Everyone has gone above and beyond their roles to overcome the effects of the pandemic by pitching in, showing empathy for each other, and making sure that despite the chaos, our customers are always heard. Our team truly embraces and lives our values. I’m particularly proud of how our team embodies our ‘Appreciate the Difference’ value, and honors diversity and inclusion in all we do. Bringing our vision to life wouldn't be possible without each employee, and we’re continually investing to ensure we’re always providing them with the best environment—even virtually—and a culture they love being a part of in order to bring their best self to the workplace.”
VTS was selected in part due to the company’s commitment to building a work environment that fosters creativity and productivity, all while keeping its employees’ happiness and well-being a top priority in a time where organizations are forced to reimagine what the workplace looks like. The company has committed to a number of employee-wellness initiatives, including:
- VTS Gives Back, which gives employees a chance to improve the local community.
- The Diversity & Inclusion Working Group, an employee-led group that meets on a monthly basis to discuss issues surrounding diversity and inclusion that management can take action on in the office. And, the Strategic Diversity and Inclusion Plan (SDIP), a yearly plan keeping VTS focused and honest as it looks to raise the bar on diversity and inclusion within the workplace. This includes tactics such as sponsoring a quarterly speaker series.
- Competitive benefits, including a generous paid parental leave policy & thoughtful return to work policy for caregivers.
- A coach focusing on aiding employees through challenges related to their career, COVID, relationships, and overall well-being.
- Employees can utilize funds from their education budgets towards online health and wellness apps and other physical wellness equipment to be used at home.
- VTS hosts group wellness, meditation, and workout sessions every week via Zoom conducted by qualified instructors.
- A budget for setting up a work from home space.
- A stipend for up to $1,500 per year to spend on continued education.
- Flexible time-off policy and work schedules.
- A variety of optional employee-led resource groups (including ones for parents, LGBTQ+, and employees that identify as BIPOC, and new managers), clubs, and teams.
Crain’s annual survey, now in its 12th consecutive year, surveyed more than 20,000 New York City employees across a wide array of industries on topics including conditions, benefits, corporate culture, and more. The survey and awards program identifies, recognizes, and honors the best employers in New York City, benefiting the city’s economy, workforce, and businesses.
VTS is commercial real estate’s leading leasing, marketing and asset management platform where the industry comes to make deals happen and real-time data comes to life. The VTS Platform captures the largest first-party data source in the industry, which delivers real-time insights that fuel faster, more informed decision making and connections throughout the deal and asset lifecycle. VTS Data, the industry’s only forward-looking market dataset, and VTS Market and Marketplace, the industry’s first integrated online marketing solution, give landlords, brokers, and tenants unparalleled visibility into real-time market information and the direct connectivity to execute deals with greater speed and intelligence at every point in the planning, marketing, leasing, and asset management cycle.
More than 60% of Class A commercial space in the US and 11B square feet of commercial real estate globally is managed on the VTS platform. Our user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals including respected industry leaders like Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE. To learn more about VTS, and to see our open roles, visit www.vts.com.
About Crain’s New York Business
For more than 25 years, Crain’s New York Business has been the award-winning news source for New York’s business leaders, telling the story of the New York economy, while serving as a voice and advocate for the city’s business community. Reporting through the prism of business, Crain’s helps its readers stay on top of the inner workings of New York’s economic and political ecosystem, by uncovering new business opportunities and creating connections with the broader New York business community at our events, online, in print and through our newsletters.
Account Supervisor, Marino